As we are just about to step into cooler climates with autumn around the corner, pumpkin rightfully becomes the food of the season. We begin with a recipe of a delicious pumpkin soup that you can have for dinner and it’s enough to completely fill you up without having to worry about calories.
50 gms pumpkin puree
50 ml cream
10 gms butter
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt to taste
Pepper black to taste
100 ml veg stock
Garlic flakes for garnish
Little herb oil
Bacon bits for garnish
1. In a sauce pan add pumpkin puree, stock and bring to boil.
2. Add cream, butter and nutmeg.
3. Blend with the stick blender.
4. Add seasonings and serve hot.
5. Garnish with herb oil and garlic flakes/ bacon bits.
Image courtesy of idiva.com